For all Junior Squad enquiries please contact the EVO Club Administrator at email@example.com
Stroke Development Squad
The Stroke Development Squad is Evolution Aquatic’s introductory squad experience. It builds on the foundations developed in EVO Learn to Swim as well as other Tauranga Learn to Swim schools. Stroke Development begins to introduce swimmers to all four competitive strokes in their entirety and the race skills required for competitive swimming.
Stroke Development members can attend two sessions a week
Stroke Development training gear - gear bag, kickboard, fins, and drink bottle
Stroke Tech Squad
After the Stroke Development programme, swimmers will move into our Stroke Tech Squad. Stroke Tech members undertake more detailed technique work and greater development of their overall fitness through the progressive, graduated use of structured sets. Stroke Tech members will focus on maintaining attention to detail while striving for specific training targets within each session.
Stroke Tech members can attend up to four sessions a week
Stroke Tech training gear - gear bag, kickboard, fins, pull buoy, and drink bottle
Our coaches will encourage and expect swimmers in the Junior Squads to begin entering into swimming competitions, to determine if competitive swimming is a sport they enjoy. All Junior swimmers can participate in EVO Club Nights, no matter their swimming goals, which are a great opportunity to show family and friends your swimming progress.
- School swimming competitions
- School cluster and inter-zone swimming
- Evolution Club Nights – gain race experience with your teammates
- Evolution Club Champs – an annual competition with your club
- Bay of Plenty junior carnivals – relaxed entry-level interclub competitions
- Bay of Plenty Junior Clash – regional junior championships
- Bay of Plenty Clash of the Club Relays - regional inter-club relay championships
- Aquaknights Junior Festival – zonal junior championships